Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Get your shit together.




Why is it that every time we get excited about an athlete ascending to the realm of superstardom, steroids always seems to creep around the corner and donkey punch us with the most vicious of swings? Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Justin Gatlin, and now Shawne Merriman. As we all have heard, Shawne Merriman is facing a 4 game suspension for using performance-enhancing drugs. He has appealed and will await his ruling in early November. He has taken the Barry Bonds stance and proclaimed he took it inadvertently. My beef isn't with the fact that he took an illegal substance, either on purpose or not. I'm just pissed cuz the dumbass was stupid enough to get caught. Let's face it, we've all become numb to hearing about all the athletes who have turned to steroids. I have come to terms with that the fact that 98% of pro athletes are on some kind of illegal juice. In my mind, if 'roided pitchers are pitching to 'roided batters and 'roided linebackers are blowing up 'roided halfbacks, it all equals out. But with the seemingly ample amount of cheating athletes, you would think that they would share some tips on how not to get caught. As of right now, even though I am still firmly attached to Merriman's nuts, I have lost all respect for him because he's stupid enough to get caught. I'm not even sure if I'm trying to make a point, I'm just mad that these dumbasses are getting caught and robbing us of portions of the primes of their careers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home